Bachelor of Science in Media Studies
Obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Media Studies prepares students for diverse careers in radio and television news, advertising, publicity, market research, telecommunications, production, journalism, media law, copywriting and announcing. The Media Studies Degree Program is designed to be flexible, which allows students to specialize in any particular area of mass media.
General Education, 42 credit hours
Media Studies Major, 51 credit hours
- Core courses, 21
- Media Studies courses, 27
- Theater and Dance, 9
- Media Studies courses at the 2000 level, 9
- Media Studies courses at the 3000 level, 9
- At least 24 credit hours must be taken at UMSL, at least 18 of which must be taken at the 2000 level or above.
- Up to 20 credit hours in Practicum/Internship may count toward the degree.
Media Studies courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C.
The Media Studies Minor is also available as a component of the online Bachelor of Liberal Studies.
Program details can be found in the Bulletin.
|Undergraduate Tuition (MO residents)||$335.50 per credit hour|
|Online Course Fee (100% online courses)||$59.70 per credit hour|
|College of Arts & Sciences Advising Fee||$10.00 per credit hour|
|Media Studies Lab Course Fee||$31.40 per credit hour|
Please visit the Cashier's Office for more information.
Professor Jim Fay, Program Director